Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Subwoofers


The first time I ever heard a subwoofer I was in my godfather’s Honda Civic. I was 8 at the time and he had put me in the backseat to receive the full experience. When he turned the music up I could feel my teeth chattering and my whole body was shaking. It was by far the coolest thing I had ever experienced! Being able to “feel” the music being played adds a completely different dynamic to songs. After he was done demoing his system for me, he pulled me out of the backseat and let me look at what was in the trunk. To my surprise, he only had two ten inch Rockford Fosgate subwoofers. I was amazed at how much power those two little speakers were able to produced and ever since then I always wanted to have a system of my very own. When I turned sixteen and finally had a car, I was finally able to install a system of my own. My first system consisted of two ten inch JL Audio subwoofers I borrowed from my cousin, along with a 300 watt Orion amp. I was extremely excited to finally have a system in my car but I was not satisfied yet. Since I installed my cousin’s subwoofers in my car, I have owned and ran a total of five different subs including tens, twelves, and fifteens. I currently have one fifteen inch subwoofer that can take about 1600 watts, but due to a stock alternator I am only able to push about 500 watts to the subwoofer. I am currently planning on upgrading the alternator so I can push my subwoofer to its limits and add another amplifier to run more door speakers. I am doing all of this to my car even though the car is not really top of line, but most people who are into car audio have multiple vehicles so their better car does not get torn up by all the vibrations a subwoofer can cause. After I purchase the new alternator, I am planning on possibly buying my first eighteen inch woofer. Yes 18 inches!!! I may enter it into contests and go to car audio shows as well if I have enough free time on my hands.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the info, keep up the good work going.... I really enjoyed exploring your site. good resource...
    12 inch planet audio subwoofers

    ReplyDelete