Sunday, May 8, 2011

Poker lately

I do not have a job currently so all I really do is play poker. It used to be easier with online poker because I was able to cash out a lot. Getting $100+ about every two weeks was real nice. Since the ban I have had to stick to house tournaments and cash games. What sucks about house games is driving to get to them especially with gas hovering around $4. $20 does not get me very far nowadays. Lately I have had to put about $15 in my tank every other day.
The last two cash games I have played in I have done really well. The first one I bought in for $20 and ended up losing it fairly quickly. One of my buddies bummed me another $20 and I lost that as well. So I just bummed another $20. My lucky changed drastically. I started catching every hand I and won almost every huge pot. I ended up paying back my friends $40 that I owed him and still cashed out for about $140. The second cash game I bought in for $25. I ended up losing that. I bought in for another $20 and started winning like last time. I was up to about $120 towards the end. On the very last hand we were playing Omaha Hi. Omaha is similar to Texas Hold’Em for those of you who know that particular card game. There are still five community cards but instead of two cards you get four and you have to play two of your hole cards. My whole cards were 88A7 which is a pretty good starting hand. My ace and one of my eights were also suited so I had a nut flush draw. There were four people in this particular hand. Two of them were all-in pre-flop with a raise of around $10. I was able to make this call fairly easily. The flop was 825 which gave me the best possible hand with a set of 8s. I bet $5 and the other kid in the hand called. The turn was a 6 which gave straight opportunities but also gave me a flush draw. I bet $7 and the other kid raised to $40. Even though I may possibly be beat at this point I have around eighteen outs so I pretty much have to call. I called and the last card was a 4 but gave me the nut flush. I took the pot and came out way ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment